massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Bodywork technique/modality (43)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I don't know about you guys, but I'm always shocked this time of year to see how many golfers are coming in with low back pain.

Recent stats: 53 percent of male and 45 percent of female golfers suffer low back pain; 30 percent of professional golfers play injured; 3…

Started by Erik Dalton, Ph.D.

1 Jun 6, 2012
Reply by Therese Schwartz

Canine Massage?

Is anyone certified in canine massage? Or do you know of a good home study course to use. This is something I'd really like to do and the p…

Started by Katie Clair

4 May 6, 2012
Reply by Daniel Cohen

Kinesio Taping

I'm wondering if any of you are trained in the use of Kinesio Taping.  I'm interested in it, and wonder how other massage therapists incorp…

Started by Nancy MacDonald

6 Apr 18, 2012
Reply by Carolyn Waltrip

Craniotomy, massage or not?

a client came in for a 90 minutes massage, she stated that she had a recent surgery(craniotomy) two weeks ago and was released from the hos…

Started by chaxd

6 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by chaxd

PNF Muscle Energy Technique

I LOVE PNF! I want to eventually do some sort of Continueing Education course on the subject but in the mean time I am doing some self rese…

Started by Jessica Montague

2 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Jimswife

Massaging Obese Clients

I'm currently in massage therapy school and I absolutely love it, but yesterday class was very frustrating because I had to work on two ove…

Started by Xach Lightner

15 Dec 30, 2011
Reply by Lucianna Johnston

Defining "Deep Tissue"

How do you define "Deep Tissue" massage?  With so many differing opinions out there, I'd really like to hear what everyone out there believ…

Started by Jeff Baldwin

6 Dec 13, 2011
Reply by Lee Edelberg

Hot Stone Routine

Hello all! I am practicing hot stone massage where I work at a massage & wellness center.  I enjoy working with the hot stones a lot ho…

Started by Gina Ragusa

4 Dec 11, 2011
Reply by Jorge Arnaldo Pabón Acevedo

Massage techniques for Torticolis

I have been researching Torticolis and massage efficacy. I have found very little on the internet. Does any one have any suggestions or lin…

Started by Cera McMiller

1 Sep 15, 2011
Reply by Gordon J. Wallis

Kinesio Tape - Scope of Practice?

I am on my way to becoming a certified Kinesio Taper and recently completed Kinesio Taping Seminars 1 and 2. I found it fascinating before…

Started by Kara Royall

3 Sep 15, 2011
Reply by Kay Warren

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service