massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

General questions (180)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How did your former career help you in the massage & bodywork profession?

We know a lot of people in this profession started their bodywork practice after a previous career in a different industry. If you came to…

Started by Abram Herman

3 Sep 21, 2012
Reply by Daniel Cohen

Additional revenue streams for MT's

I wanted to ask my massage community what do you do to add additional revenue into your practice? Do you sell retail products, are you invo…

Started by Qiana Thompson

1 Sep 20, 2012
Reply by Abram Herman

Portfolio Review Question - Kansas

I have been in massage therapy for close to 5 years. I live in a very rural area in Kansas. I started doing Swedish Massage after training…

Started by Kathy Hart

0 Sep 19, 2012

Products

I am just starting out my career as a MT and I was wondering if there are any recommendations for a product line to use.  There are so many…

Started by Janae Klindt

2 Sep 19, 2012
Reply by Carrie Patrick

mt student needs help with class project

I need to ask a few interview type questions for class project. so feel free to answer away. it will be greatly appreciated..   1) what wou…

Started by kelli nix

6 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Gary W Addis, LMT

What can be done to help new, struggling therapists to get a foothold in the business?

On our driving trip from Northeast Texas to the World Massage Festival, I met a nice man. He asked where we were going. His politeness turn…

Started by Linda LePelley, RN, NMT

3 Sep 6, 2012
Reply by Linda LePelley, RN, NMT

Additional revenue streams for MT's

I wanted to ask my massage community what do you do to add additional revenue into your practice? Do you sell retail products, are you invo…

Started by Qiana Thompson

4 Sep 2, 2012
Reply by Hector Sinclair

Getting massage oil and massage oil smell out of my massage sheets!

I bought Therapro massage soap for my massage sheets laundry. I have followed the instructions and am unable to get the stains and smell ou…

Started by Lanay De Angelo

4 Aug 22, 2012
Reply by joanne

Do you request the client's weight on intake form?

I've just joined a wonder Wellness Center and am very happy there...except for this one thing.  The intake form asks for the clients height…

Started by Rachel Cordova

14 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by Gordon J. Wallis

Do I have the right to refuse a client who is being inappropriate?

I am currently working at a Chiropractors office and I am an employee. I get patients referred to me by the Doctor. He takes care of all my…

Started by Jessica Belanger

34 Aug 14, 2012
Reply by Robert Garrison

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service