massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

All Discussions Tagged 'research' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Deep Tissue Causes Toe Itch?

I have a client who experienced intense itching in her toe when I was stripping her ITB and quads. It was immediate cause and effect: strip…

Started by Patrick Smith

0 Aug 7, 2013

What are we missing in massage research?

What is massage research missing? Here's an insightful post from David Palmer on the very active field of Haptic research, an active area o…

Started by Eric Brown

0 Jul 3, 2012

More Myths of Massage

Last week I wrote a post on Facebook about some of the myths of massage. My statement on this issue was and continues to be that I am not a…

Started by Laura Allen

56 Oct 31, 2011
Reply by Boris Prilutsky

The Eastern world view - a holistic approach

http://www.kunne.no/upload/Gamle%20publikasjoner/S%C3%A6rtrykk/S%200199%20The%20Nature%20of%20Living%20Knowledge.pdf   This essay explains…

Started by Daniel Cohen

2 May 29, 2011
Reply by Daniel Cohen

When is it time to alter your beliefs?

An article came to my attention within the past few days, one that really challenges what I have been taught and practice. Titled "The fall…

Started by Walt Fritz, PT

22 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Tracey Dawson

A groovy research literacy thread - just a bit of reading each day towards enlightenment....

.....well, it may not be TOTAL enlightenment, but it might be a wee glow and a wee glow is better than total darkness.The squirrel is in le…

Started by Vlad

28 Jun 10, 2010
Reply by Vlad

Endangerment Sites: Examining fact and myth

Everyone has learned about endangerment sites, right? These are areas containing structures that lie near the body’s surface and, because o…

Started by Susan G. Salvo

12 May 31, 2010
Reply by Susan G. Salvo

To be, or not to be (Statistically literate)

I was assigned to read this article for one of my classes and thought it was very interesting. No, the article does not have anything to do…

Started by Kim Goral

5 Feb 19, 2010
Reply by Vlad

Questions on Affective Massage Therapy

Yep, that's with an "A"! An editorial on "Affective Massage Therapy" in the IJTMB made me raise a few questions, not just about research,…

Started by Vlad

55 Dec 29, 2009
Reply by Robin Byler Thomas

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service