a community of practitioners
I am concidering starting a business for myself. At this point my biggest concern is the fact that i went to school, then practiced for only a few months. Soon after that i had something come up in my life that took me from practicing. I have now not practiced for about 4 years. I would like to know if anyone else has been in such a situation? Is online CE enough to keep you up to date to practice? I would love any feed back on this to help me along. Thanks
How are you?
That is a very good point...experience is needed when you open a business (even if it's small). probably, you will need to make yourself a few questions before you go ahead with your idea. I'll leave you with some and i hope that can help you to clarify your path...
- Are you ready to work 10 to 12hrs a day?
- make sure you take time off and you use some of it to refresh and improve massage and beauty skills
- Are you ready to work during when your friends and family are vacationing?
- How do you feel about managment? Probably, thats more important on a first stage when we open a new business, bring clients in and then work from there.
- Do you LOVE to do massage?
- Do you know that there will be good days and there will be very slow days, when no one comes in and it can be very hard to deal with it?
- What do you want to learn with your business?
Maybe this are not the right questions but it's some questions that i do myself every time i think to work by myself. And for me it's not the right moment...
I am very happy that you have found your moment!!!
Hope i could help.