massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Can you complete a Massage Therapy program in four months?

There is a school that will be offering a Massage Therapy program and they told me the program is for 4 months. Has anyone ever heard of or attended a Massage Therapy program that was four months?

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I noticed that you are from Ohio. In the link below are the requirements for an Ohio state massage license. If the school you are talking about meets those requirements, then yes. A four month course will do it.
http://www.massagetherapylicense.org/state/ohio-massage-license.html

Thanks for your reply I recently relocated to Michigan and the requirement is 500 hours. I just had never heard of a Massage Therapy Program being only 4 months. Most are six months to a year long which is why I asked here. With all there is to learn I didn't think it was possible to complete in such a short amount of time. Have you ever heard of Massage Program being that short?
Gordon J. Wallis said:

I noticed that you are from Ohio. In the link below are the requirements for an Ohio state massage license. If the school you are talking about meets those requirements, then yes. A four month course will do it.
http://www.massagetherapylicense.org/state/ohio-massage-license.html
I have. A lot of the schools have evening classes so people can work while they go to school. A shorter school , you may be in class all day, and a few hours on the weekend. Call the school and see if they meet the required hours for your state?

Really? This is the first time I've ever heard of a school having a short Massage Therapy program. The school offers other classes in the health care field and they will be adding Massage Therapy in October. Just wanted to come here to ask if anyone has ever heard of such a short class I was kind of leery about it.  

It would be very easy to find out if they meet your state requirements. Contact your state massage board. And contact the school as well.

I'll definitely look into it would it be ok if I wanted to wear a back brace in class? Sometimes I suffer from back and neck pain. 

Is it your low back and neck?

It's my upper back and neck I think it's a pinched nerve between my shoulder blades because I'm top heavy. But the back brace really helps a lot which is why I hope I'll be able to wear it in school. Of course I know I can't wear it while other students practice on me and getting massages does help. 

Gordon J. Wallis said:

Is it your low back and neck?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Lara Evans Bracciante.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service