massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

The cruise ship spa industry is dominated by one major player, Steiner Leisure and a few smaller competitors like: Harding Bros, Mandara Spa, and Canyon Ranch.

There may be a few other sources of employment out there that I do not know about, perhaps serving niche markets like luxury yachts and smaller cruise vessels. That said, my attempts at researching the latter information has not sourced any good leads. Anyone else?

I know that private yachts will occasionally hire Massage Therapists and a search for 'yacht crew jobs' might find leads although the best way is a direct contact with an owner. That would be the key. Know any jet setters or celebs?

FYI Crew listings are usually free. I enlisted with some of those agencies years ago but never got any jobs as an MT. It may still be worth a try.

I would beware of "cruise job' sites that charge for membership or 'agencies' that charge a placement fee. These are scams. The way to go is to contact the employers I have listed here directly.

Here are a couple more links to concessionaries and cruise liners: Spaindex and Cruise Ship Portal.

May you find your sea legs.

Views: 713

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Natalee, thanks for reading here + good question unfortunately don't have an answer...  

Hello Alex,

My name is Chaise and I'm just about to graduate from Cortiva. I just had a few basic questions.

What are some general requirements to become an LMT on a cruise ship?

What is the usual rate of pay?

How many days a week do you work the 12 hour shifts?

What are the living conditions like?

Can I transfer my earnings directly to my bank account from sea?

I'll have more later but a lot of these have been answered by your posts and I really appreciate it thankyou!

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service