massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

The Holidays are fast upon us and that means a great opportunity to donate your services to charity and get your name out there. So lets talk about what works what might not work and how we get our foot in the door.

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi , i know that one way is to talk to those who run the charities in your area. a wonderful church friend had recently lost her husband to cancer and she became a member of relay for life . we often had talked about doing something special to help raise money for it but i only finally this year was able to spend an entire day with her and her group doing chair massage for the walkers and any who showed up to buy items that were up for sale . i charged $1 a min with all proceeds going to relay for life . my turn out wasn't as much as i would have hoped for but it did get my foot in the door and i will be helping out again next year. the best advice i can give on that getting involved with charities is to start local . see what is out there.
HI Paul ,
with working at a hospital nursing as well as running my business as a CMT I get to be involved with allot of charity work with massage . I recently did several things for breast cancer and a local hospice . I also gave some gift certificates to a couple of auctions to raise money for individuals with terminal illnesses . When I do them I normally post them on my website as well for people to see , so other peole can contribute themselves .The AMTA and ABMP have volunteer sections they will let you know what is in your area both sent me patches to wear while participating . Get out there in your local community and let people know what you can offer , I found people are very responsive .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service