massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

We all live in different parts of the country and indeed the world...We may work for somebody or for ourselves...But what does it cost to get a one hour massage from you?  Im in Alaska, and to see me for an hour it costs $95.00.

Views: 739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know you, but I think I might love you :)

Linda LePelley, RN, NMT said:

I live in Northeast Texas, and my regular hourly rate is $50.00. Unless you can't afford it, then it is whatever you can pay, whenever you can pay it. I get paid by checks, cash, fresh eggs, deer meat, wild hog meat, fresh produce, honey, and hugs. I only work on people who are in pain or experiencing dysfunction that impairs their activities of daily living.  If someone calls for a relaxation or spa type massage, I refer them to another therapist. I am blessed to work for myself, don't have a lot of money, but my life is rich.

I'm on the west side of London UK . I charge £60 per hour........most of my hours are 70/75 mins long.......my longest hour was 180 mins.........but thats a whole other story. Business is good....v good. Hope Y'all busy busy people:)

It would depend on what type you are getting/applying and that would also depend on what other requirements the whole practice would entail. But for a plain one, I think that a 50 per hour charging would be just right.

And that has been something that I have been seeing in a lot of different signs so I guess that would be sort of a standard, for my area at least.

I'm in Northeastern Wisconsin, in a small town. Our center just raised prices, first time in 10 years. An hour costs $55.00. We are still cheaper than several massage therapists in the area and the region. The larger cities that surround us are Appleton, Stevens Point and Green Bay. An hour can range from $60 to $75 in these areas. I occassionally have done trades with other therapists, but have never bartered with clients.

I'm in the midwest, a suburb of Kansas City, and I work for myself.  I just raised my prices in May after 3 years and now I charge $65 for 60 minutes and $90 for 90 minutes.  I don't charge by the modality, only by the time. 

Outside Indianapolis- I charge $40 for 30/$65 for 60/$90 for 90.  In Indy there are plenty of places charging $75 or more an hour. Deep tissue and hot stone are more.

I work in a wellness center in Richmond Va, We charge $75 for an hour massage and that is the average rate for the area. I trade/barter regularly with fellow therapists, mechanics for work on my car, belly dancing lessons, physical therapy, acupuncture, personal training and have even been offered dental work!  

@Linda.... What a fantastic idea!!! A massage tour!  That would be the most relaxing/educating/mind blowing vacation EVER!

In Tucson AZ!  I charge between $45 and $65 at my studios depending upon the level of therapis skill and whether the client is a member or not.  Interestingly the average ticket price is $65 so between the up grades and the requests of clients I am finding that people much prefer to pay for skill and technique. Would love to charge $95 Gorden!!!  But my community has lots of clinics and with 125 employees I have found this pricing to be a good fit.

Well I work in a spa...Part of what they pay for is the facility. The surroundings...We have expensive hydraulic  tables, and tiled water massage rooms..

Shelene Taylor said:

In Tucson AZ!  I charge between $45 and $65 at my studios depending upon the level of therapis skill and whether the client is a member or not.  Interestingly the average ticket price is $65 so between the up grades and the requests of clients I am finding that people much prefer to pay for skill and technique. Would love to charge $95 Gorden!!!  But my community has lots of clinics and with 125 employees I have found this pricing to be a good fit.

Oh that makes sense then, the spas here charge upwards of $125.  I'll bet it is a great place to practice in....

Gordon J. Wallis said:

Well I work in a spa...Part of what they pay for is the facility. The surroundings...We have expensive hydraulic  tables, and tiled water massage rooms..

Shelene Taylor said:

I enjoy going to work(95% of the time).. Today is my short day... 3pm to 6pm... I get to work with a lot of awesome people.  its fun.

Shelene Taylor said:

Oh that makes sense then, the spas here charge upwards of $125.  I'll bet it is a great place to practice in....

Gordon J. Wallis said:

Shelene Taylor said:

Spa where I contract $90 per hour. My outcalls I charge $70 per hour. I make about the same working for myself as at the spa. I don't have much overhead, no office and I don't advertise that is why I just charge $70.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service