massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Other than taking CE....Where do you learn about new techniques, or what to do for specific conditions?  

I am a visual learner and a hands on type of learner.  So I have been trying to learn by watching videos on YouTube.  Does anyone have any suggestions for videos to watch that might be helpful?  I would like to learn more about clinical type work.  (NMT, positional release, contract relax, trigger point). I type those into search but it seems to be the same channels?  Massagenerd, oakworks, Ehow , expervillage ..... Or the videos are like a minute or two long.  

  

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jimswife, Do you have any Judo, Hapkido, or Gungfu masters with studios in your area? I would recommend that you ask around and see if any know the healing system associated with their martial art. If they know and will teach it you will learn a complete system for working the body and more about the body and body mechanics than you would imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Z1O03PVV4&feature=relmfu

This is how this chiropractor deals with trigger points...Interesting, and I might get his tools for working on myself...But I dont see it being any more effective then a good massage...But I learn from watching videos like this, and take a little bit of it back to the massage room.  He finds sore areas, and works them with his tools...primitive but effective....Ive been doing that for years....

I order DVDs and watch them...And watch them..  I learn a lot that way....Its never ending.

I am also a highly visual learner.  The Massage Learning Network is an interesting place to check out if you like learning from videos.

The Massage Learning Network is a community for massage therapists focused on networking and learning. It’s a place for conversation and education by practitioners, thought leaders, and educators.

 

Learn from some of the best presenters in the profession and ask questions to solicit help from your peers.

Thank you Kathy.  I bookmarked that website.  I am excited to check that out later tonight.

Gordon do you have any suggestions as far as videos to order?  (I have watched art Riggs DVD and some of his stuff on you tube)   

Kathy Mackay said:

I am also a highly visual learner.  The Massage Learning Network is an interesting place to check out if you like learning from videos.

The Massage Learning Network is a community for massage therapists focused on networking and learning. It’s a place for conversation and education by practitioners, thought leaders, and educators.

 

Learn from some of the best presenters in the profession and ask questions to solicit help from your peers.

For healing people, a couple of them.....    http://www.britishsportstherapy.com/  and  
http://www.myokinesthetic.com/    
Jimswife said:

Thank you Kathy.  I bookmarked that website.  I am excited to check that out later tonight.

Gordon do you have any suggestions as far as videos to order?  (I have watched art Riggs DVD and some of his stuff on you tube)   

Kathy Mackay said:

I am also a highly visual learner.  The Massage Learning Network is an interesting place to check out if you like learning from videos.

The Massage Learning Network is a community for massage therapists focused on networking and learning. It’s a place for conversation and education by practitioners, thought leaders, and educators.

 

Learn from some of the best presenters in the profession and ask questions to solicit help from your peers.

Im a Ryan's fan (massagenerd) and he is available all the time to answer questions on Facebook. But, I have others therapist at work, so i ever learn from them too every day.

Please take a few minutes to check out my MFR videos, which are a part of the Oakworks series:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaltFritzPT?feature=mhee

Thank you everyone!!  Keep the suggestions coming!  It has been fun checking all the new stuff!  

Walt, I do watch and learn from your videos!  Thank you!  

Walt Fritz, PT said:

Please take a few minutes to check out my MFR videos, which are a part of the Oakworks series:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaltFritzPT?feature=mhee

Hi You can check out some amazing massage Educational DVD's  Here is the link Educational DVd's

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Lara Evans Bracciante.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service