massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

OK...i knew that would get this group's attention!!

so i was at my bike club's holiday party last night and i got to talking to someone that i have only seen on our message boards but never talked to in person.

when i first came onto the Dallas biking scene, i was just starting school for massage and not practicing. my personality and humor has always been a little provokative and i LOVE sexual banter. since becoming an MT I have curtailed my humor on that forum because my fear was that i wouldn't be taken seriously as an MT and i'd be inviting the wrong clientele.

so last night this guy had mentioned how i don't banter nearly as much anymore on the forum. i explained why.

well it got me thinking...is it fair that an MT has to be more reserved (so to speak) even in their personal lives because of what we do for a living? i'm sure if i were a chiro or PT i could easily continue with my type of humor without concern on how it would affect the perception of who I am in my professional life.

figured i'd throw out the discussion here versus the main forum where people are less rowdy. :)

Views: 246

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the feedback. I use MFR a lot too, it's probably the most valuable "tool" I have for some cases, but I only know what I learned in school. It would be great to have more advanced training to rely on.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service