massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Hello to every one here...
I am on surgical/medical leave and lost my job because of it. I am waiting for the release from my Dr. and am wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I might be able to do in the mean time...up dated website, set up MTX referrals for printing...any other 'get out there' things anyone can come up with for a waiting practitioner?? I'm so bored!!

Views: 301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tracey,

My name is Denora. I am on medical leave also. I hope you are feeling better soon and get back to the work you enjoy. I am exploring the possibility of "going out on my own" instead of working for someone else. I have alot of ideas unfortunately I am at the beginning of my leave and I am not able to act on anything. My hospitalization does not begin until tomorrow.

Do you have your own office or are you doing outcalls?
Denora
You should say what town and state your in, and maybe someone would offer to give you a healing massage. Although if they were smart, they would just click on your name. Just a thought, as I worry about the same issue all the time.
Hi Tracy -

Work on your marketing plan for your return to massage. I'm not sure how established your practice is, but chances are that you'll have some rebuilding to do if you've been out for more than a few weeks. Or if you are in the market for a new job, how about updating your resume? (And you can always set up a free consult with me to talk about either of those or other activities to solidify your business.)

You can also take my free ecourse on getting clients to rebook. It is a few weeks long but maybe it will help you pass the time a little here and there and get your mindset on being back in practice. Check out the link below to read more.

http://blog.spalutions.com/2009/06/25/are-you-getting-clients-to-re...

Hope your are making a speedy recovery and will be beside the table again soon!

Felicia
Hi Denora and thank you for responding. I am 1 1/2 years out of school, have worked for a couple of chiropractors and have a limited number of personal clients as well. I am fortunate in that I am able to work out of my home....my family room converts easily, has it's own bathroom and entry...perfect. I am currently a PIP claim and have to be careful with what I do without my surgeons OK. Maybe a couple of my ideas can help your practice....
I have typed up my own Therapeutic Massage Referrals that I am having printed in tablet form so I may leave it with various medical establishments. My surgeon has asked about these as well! The health fair circut is a great place to get involved with too. I enjoyed working in chiropractic offices very much...got the basics with insurance bill and networking.
I hope you heal quickly and good luck to you...thank you again for answering.

Denora Lum said:
Hi Tracey,

My name is Denora. I am on medical leave also. I hope you are feeling better soon and get back to the work you enjoy. I am exploring the possibility of "going out on my own" instead of working for someone else. I have alot of ideas unfortunately I am at the beginning of my leave and I am not able to act on anything. My hospitalization does not begin until tomorrow.

Do you have your own office or are you doing outcalls?
Denora
Thank you Ms. Brown,
I will look in to our course...I'm not the best in the marketing department and can always use the help. Thank you.

Felicia Brown said:
Hi Tracy -

Work on your marketing plan for your return to massage. I'm not sure how established your practice is, but chances are that you'll have some rebuilding to do if you've been out for more than a few weeks. Or if you are in the market for a new job, how about updating your resume? (And you can always set up a free consult with me to talk about either of those or other activities to solidify your business.)

You can also take my free ecourse on getting clients to rebook. It is a few weeks long but maybe it will help you pass the time a little here and there and get your mindset on being back in practice. Check out the link below to read more.

http://blog.spalutions.com/2009/06/25/are-you-getting-clients-to-re...

Hope your are making a speedy recovery and will be beside the table again soon!

Felicia
Thank you for responding Bill. I've got another recovering therapist practicing with me.

Bill Curry said:
You should say what town and state your in, and maybe someone would offer to give you a healing massage. Although if they were smart, they would just click on your name. Just a thought, as I worry about the same issue all the time.
What is your specialty? What is MTX?
BTW, Family Medical Leave Act..... You cannot be fired from a job if you have to take time off for medical reasons.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service