massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

I feel unprepared to start massaging clients in my program. We have been spending a lot of time on theory and not much time on technique. I am starting to worry as we have to have 24 outside massages done by the end of December. The teacher seems to think we know what we are supposed to do, but we as a whole, don't. Does anyone know of any videos that show the different strokes in a full body massage? Btw, the majority of the class feel the same way as I do.... any ideas?

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It’s not really that hard to give a basic massage. It really isn’t. I attribute yours and your classmates stress to poor teaching. A lot of it brought on because of the ridiculous overly complicated exams. They are teaching for the test. That’s why you are at a loss now. That being said. One of my favorite sayings is this. “Everything is difficult in the beginning.”
Relax, take a deep breath, go to YouTube, type in something like.........How to give a massage... There are tons and tons of massage videos on YouTube. If you can afford it. Get a professional massage yourself.

Thank you!

You can get many relevant videos, just by searching on youtube. I have a lot of Vloggers who are posting daily some quality videos on massage techniques. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service