massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Hey all! There is a group of us on here that are uniting on Facebook as well. Please let us know where to find you on Facebook if you would like to participate! If you have a "personal" Facebook account, please "fan" those of us who are listing our Business accounts. Those of you who have "Business" accounts, please list each others business accounts on your "favorite" pages list. This is just to help each other out. I know, personally, that I have a lot of people who vacation all over the place and if they are going to your area, they have something that they can "identify" with. Our clients are much more likely to schedule an appointment with someone on vacation if they have a good referral! So, please get in on the fun and start networking!

Views: 776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just found this ...... please add me as a friend also... Facebook is personal account under Patty Moon Kingsbury Thanks!
I agree. I don't have a personal account. What happens out of the massage room, should stay out of the massage room! ;) However, you can create a separate account for your business. And you can regulate what "fans" can add to your wall. On mine, they are not allowed to post anything other than comments and reviews. No photos, videos, etc. Plus, as administrator, you can delete anything you deem undesirable. Whatever you post on your business page will stream across your "fans" newsfeed. I'm using it to promote gift certificates as well as available appointments for the next day. You said you were looking to market... this is free advertising, Honey!

Amanda K . Steach, Nctmb said:
i have a facebook, but mostly for the apps i play with friends . never thought of using it to advertise , mostly for some obvious reasons . with the good , you often get the bad . and with the experiences more to the bad , kinda reluctant to put my business on there. but it is a good idea .
Also, if you get a personal account, that doesn't mean you have to add anyone as a friend. Facebook can be very personal if you want it to be. No one but your family and the friends your approve can see you picture or any personal information or things you post. It's worth a shot. Facebook is the best place (at this point in time, anyways) for free online word-of-mouth advertising. Just keep your business page and your personal page separate. You have full control.

Marissa Macias said:
I agree. I don't have a personal account. What happens out of the massage room, should stay out of the massage room! ;) However, you can create a separate account for your business. And you can regulate what "fans" can add to your wall. On mine, they are not allowed to post anything other than comments and reviews. No photos, videos, etc. Plus, as administrator, you can delete anything you deem undesirable. Whatever you post on your business page will stream across your "fans" newsfeed. I'm using it to promote gift certificates as well as available appointments for the next day. You said you were looking to market... this is free advertising, Honey!

Amanda K . Steach, Nctmb said:
i have a facebook, but mostly for the apps i play with friends . never thought of using it to advertise , mostly for some obvious reasons . with the good , you often get the bad . and with the experiences more to the bad , kinda reluctant to put my business on there. but it is a good idea .
I'm at Heartfire Massage:
http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/Steamboat-Springs-CO/Heartfire-Mass...

Add me as a favorite, if you would! I serve Steamboat Springs and Denver on occasion. Once in a while, I even make it to Wyoming and Alaska.
can someone more familiar with facebook answer me this...

i know that whoever fans me will see my updates but since it seems to also be tied to my personal account does that mean all my friends in my person account see it too or does it remain separate? and vice versa. do my fans on the business side see my personal account posts?
Hi Lisa!

I only have a personal account yet I'd assume it's the same with a business account.

What you can do is create seperate folders for those that are business and those friends that are personal. I have several 'folders' for 'clients,' 'relatives,' etc., etc. Those in one folder can't see the others posts in the other folders. They can't see who's in the other folder as well. Just go to your "Friends" tab at the top, click on all friends. Then, on the left it says "Lists." Create a list for each catagory. Then, move your friends to each list. Also, when you add a friend, you can put them in the selected folder.

I've had huge success with Facebook. I suppose it's my favorite social site. I've maxed out my account with friends and have had to create a second account.

Kris

Lisa said:

i know that whoever fans me will see my updates but since it seems to also be tied to my personal account does that mean all my friends in my person account see it too or does it remain separate? and vice versa. do my fans on the business side see my personal account posts?
Your friends only see things by your business if they are fans. Business fans see the business side and personal friends see the personal page. They can only see both if you have approved them for it.

Lisa said:

ok so to keep business associates business they have to "fan" me versus "friend" me? is that the basic way of keeping them separate?

Crystal Dawn Suovanen said:
Your friends only see things by your business if they are fans. Business fans see the business side and personal friends see the personal page. They can only see both if you have approved them for it.

Lisa said:

. . . that's my (admittedly very basic) understanding.

Lisa said:
ok so to keep business associates business they have to "fan" me versus "friend" me? is that the basic way of keeping them separate?
Exactly. They have to become a fan of your business instead of friend you.

Lisa said:

Crystal Dawn Suovanen said:

Lisa said:

Great Marissa!

I have a fan page "Massage Pro CE"
THanks for posting this
Thanks everyone for joining in! Keep telling your colleagues about this so that we can help their businesses names get out there! An vice versa, of course! ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service