massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

What are your favorite quotes… the ones that helped you in your practice?

I am collecting a bank of quotes for a massage project and would love for you to share your favorite quotes.

While teaching, I use quotes all the time.

To encourage a student to participate, I’ll say, “He who feels it knows it more.” ~ Bob Marley

When a student groans about why they have to learn all this anatomy, I’ll say, “Massage is the study of anatomy in braille.” ~ Jack Meagher

Please share your favorite quotes.

Thanks in advance.

Views: 12319

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite quotes (and a poem) include:

The place to improve the world, is first in one's own heart and head and hands, and then work outwards from there. - Robert M. Pirsig

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others." - Pericles

"It is a glorious destiny to be a member of the human race. . . . Now I realize what we are. And if only everybody would realize this! But it cannot be explained. There is no way of telling people that they are all walking around shining like the sun." – Thomas Merton

As the rose blooms amidst thorns, so great souls shine out through all opposition. Hazrat Inayat Khan

If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is: Infinite. - William Blake

May you experience each day as a sacred gift woven around the heart of wonder. - John O'Donohue

One word can be more precious than all the treasures on earth. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

I never imagined that the greatest achievement of my life would be peace of mind. – Anonymous

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. - Albert Schweitzer

Deepak Chopra, as he talks about how rich in hormones and biologically active the skin is, explains that, "when we stimulate the skin, we can cause, literally, a shower of healing chemicals into our blood stream."

"In the depth of my soul, there is a wordless song." Kahlil Gibran

I believe in all that has never yet been spoken.
I want to free what waits within me
so that what no one has dared to wish for
may for once spring clear
without my contriving.
If this is arrogant, God, forgive me,
but this is what I need to say.
May what I do flow from me like a river,
no forcing and no holding back,
the way it is with children.
Then in these swelling and ebbing currents,
these deepening tides moving out, returning,
I will sing you as no one ever has,
streaming through widening channels
into the open sea.

-Rilke

Ariana Vincent, Ariana Institute, http://www.arianainstitute.com

Thanks for sharing this wonderful gifts Ariana.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service