massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Which ABMP Student Success resources have you tried in the classroom so far?

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

Almost all of them. I think my favorite is the note taking worksheets. The next would be the time management one.
Wow! That's awesome. Could you share a little more about how you utilize the note taking worksheets? I'd love for other instructors to get some ideas from eachother on the various uses. I know one instructor I've spoken to in Seattle uses the "Active reading form" as a way for students to get some credit for classes missed. I've had a few instructors mention that they've seen grades improvie dramatically with this form as well.

We're reformating our entire student orientation using the Student Success tools that are provided at ABMP! Our Campus Director was shocked to see the difference in retention rates and sudent pass rates by using the non-traditional new student orientation.

 

We're looking forward to trying it out in October for our next start!!

Hi Lisa,

 

That is fantastic news!  I know you and your students will be thrilled!  One of our Texas massage programs saw a decrease in attrition from 12% to 2% their very first time using our comprehensive orientation resources.  Keep us posted on your results!

 

Lisa Risch said:

We're reformating our entire student orientation using the Student Success tools that are provided at ABMP! Our Campus Director was shocked to see the difference in retention rates and sudent pass rates by using the non-traditional new student orientation.

 

We're looking forward to trying it out in October for our next start!!

VIDEOS. My favorite is HISTORY OF MASSAGE. Student LOVE IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg-MFMGjYc8&list=UUVROW6MqPGRRog...

Susan thank you. It is interesting and informative. I would like to see them do a world history. It was good to hear them mention, even if too brief, the martial arts origins of massage in Asia and in the West.

Susan G. Salvo said:

VIDEOS. My favorite is HISTORY OF MASSAGE. Student LOVE IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg-MFMGjYc8&list=UUVROW6MqPGRRog...

I agree Daniel. The video editor did a fantastic job adding LOTS of great info in a 30 min time frame. Glad you enjoyed it.

I like the video a lot and will integrate it in my class. Thank you


 
Daniel Cohen said:

Susan thank you. It is interesting and informative. I would like to see them do a world history. It was good to hear them mention, even if too brief, the martial arts origins of massage in Asia and in the West.

Susan G. Salvo said:

VIDEOS. My favorite is HISTORY OF MASSAGE. Student LOVE IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg-MFMGjYc8&list=UUVROW6MqPGRRog...

Thanks Kerstin. Glad you found it useful.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Lara Evans Bracciante.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service