massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Hi everyone. I wanted to make sure you were aware that it is planning time for the annual event honoring Marines returning from Iraq. I attended the shindig last year and it was an awesome, meaningful, and fun experience. The event is on the beach at Camp Pendleton and they have treats of all kinds and types for the marines, and there is music and kareoke contests and raffle drawings for the Marines and free professional photos and food etc. Last year there were about 12 therapists and we did as many Marines as we could. However, we could have given that gift to so many more if more therapists donate their time and gifted hands. The event is scheduled for September 19, 2009. I hope you will put it on your calendar. I think it would be great for members of this group to use that also as an opportunity to get together and meet in person. What do you think?

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

Here's more info:
Event: Welcome Back Home Party for Our Troops"Camp Pendelton Beach Party"
What: Barbecue
Host: AMTA-CA Orange County, California
Start Time: Saturday, September 19 at 11:00am
End Time: Saturday, September 19 at 5:00pm
Where: Camp Pendelton - Del Mar Beach

To see more details and RSVP, follow the link below:http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=99828322975&mid=c4...
Margaret, sounds like it could be very interesting. I am not sure about wking on a Sat. Usually I am committed w/ a Chiro that day unless it is in the afternoon I were to volunteer? Hmm I will check back with you on this event. Thanks Helen
Margaret Sexton said:
Here's more info:
Event: Welcome Back Home Party for Our Troops"Camp Pendelton Beach Party"
What: Barbecue
Host: AMTA-CA Orange County, California
Start Time: Saturday, September 19 at 11:00am
End Time: Saturday, September 19 at 5:00pm
Where: Camp Pendelton - Del Mar Beach

To see more details and RSVP, follow the link below:http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=99828322975&mid=c4...
Its nice to see interest. Thank you for considering. Hmmmm perhaps your chiro would like to volunteer as well. :)

Helen Chavez said:
Margaret, sounds like it could be very interesting. I am not sure about wking on a Sat. Usually I am committed w/ a Chiro that day unless it is in the afternoon I were to volunteer? Hmm I will check back with you on this event. Thanks Helen
Margaret Sexton said:
Here's more info:
Event: Welcome Back Home Party for Our Troops"Camp Pendelton Beach Party"
What: Barbecue
Host: AMTA-CA Orange County, California
Start Time: Saturday, September 19 at 11:00am
End Time: Saturday, September 19 at 5:00pm
Where: Camp Pendelton - Del Mar Beach

To see more details and RSVP, follow the link below:http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=99828322975&mid=c4...
How do you get there from Palm Springs? My sister is visitng me then from seattle washington and her friend, maybe that would be fun for us to do.. I love to massage all of the time.
Here are directions from Palm Springs to the Denny's restaurant right outside the Base gate. Tacked on after that is general instructions on coming from south of the base. :)

102.1 mi, 1 hr 49 min Add a stop 1 Depart E Tahquitz Canyon WayHide Start details 0.9 mi
2 Turn right onto N Sunrise Way 1.5 mi
3 Turn left onto SR-111 / E Vista Chino 1.1 mi
ALBERTSONS on the corner

4 Turn right to stay on SR-111 / N Palm Canyon Dr 9.4 mi
SHELL on the corner

5 Take ramp and follow signs for I-10 West 17.6 mi
6 Take ramp right and follow signs for CA-79 / Beaumont Ave 0.2 mi
7 Turn left onto SR-79 / Beaumont Ave 8.0 mi
8 Turn right onto Ramona Expy 1.7 mi
9 Turn left onto N Warren Rd 2.5 mi
10 Road name changes to S Warren Rd 0.5 mi
11 Road name changes to Warren Rd 5.1 mi
Pass SHELL on the left in 2.6 mi

12 Road name changes to Simpson Rd 0.2 mi
13 Turn left onto Warren Rd 0.3 mi
14 Turn right onto Domenigoni Pkwy 7.2 mi
15 Keep straight onto Newport Rd 1.3 mi
16 Take ramp left for I-215 / Escondido Expy South 10.5 mi
17 Bear right onto I-15 / Temecula Valley Fwy South 15.3 mi
18 At exit 46, take ramp right for CA-76 toward Pala / Oceanside 0.6 mi
19 Turn right onto SR-76 / Pala Rd 17.3 mi
Pass MCDONALD'S in 5.1 mi

20 Turn back on CR-S21 / N Coast Hwy 0.6 mi
21 Turn left onto Harbor Dr 0.2 mi
22 Bear left onto Harbor Dr S DENNY'S on the corner

23 Arrive at 487 Harbor Dr SHide End details The last intersection is Harbor Dr N


Our troops and I are excited that you and the other massage therapists will be able to attend our beach party at Camp Pendleton on September 19th. We are celebrating 3D Amphibious Assault Battalions 67th birthday party in the Marine Corps. and military family day.

The massage therapist will be located at the same location you were last year.

Time: 12:00--5:00 PM, can you and the therapists arrive by 11:15 AM

We would appreciate it if you can be set up and join us when the troops arrive on the red carpet at 12:00 PM. In the past the military families have arrived early, just in case they arrive early again this year we want to be ready to welcome them.

Directions: from 5 south and 5 north:

5 south, exit Oceanside Blvd/Harbor Dr., turn left towards main gate. Pass guard, at the first signal turn left onto A Street, drive 1 1/2 miles turn left onto 12th Street, drive to the end of the road to Del Mar Beach.

5 north, exit Camp Pendleton turn right towards the main gate. Pass guard, at the first signal turn left onto A Street, drive 1 1/2 miles turn left onto 12th Street, drive to the end of the road to Del Mar Beach.

Please let the guard know you are attending 3rd Tracks family day at Del Mar Beach. All is needed is your drivers license.

Please inform your volunteers that they are more than welcome to enjoy the barbecue lunch, beverages and desserts.

Please save this e-mail for the day of our party.

Thank you again for demonstrating your support to our troops!

Serving our military families,

Cynthia Martinez


karen romiah said:
How do you get there from Palm Springs? My sister is visitng me then from seattle washington and her friend, maybe that would be fun for us to do.. I love to massage all of the time.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Lara Evans Bracciante.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service