massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Education (75)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

NYS Licensed Massage Therapist

Hi Everyone! I am the program coordinator at Mildred Elley College and we just recently got approved to offer continuing education. I am l…

Started by Belinda Green

5 May 9, 2014
Reply by Belinda Green

Working with FMS (fibromyalgia syndrome)

Hello group members. Recently, I had some new clients find me by searching Facebook for my area and massage, all had been dxed with FMS.  I…

Started by Kelly Sanders, LMT

0 Mar 18, 2014

Massage indicated on a collapsed disc?

I have a neighbor who recently was told he had a collapsed cervical disc. He wants me to do some massage work on it, but I am not sure how…

Started by Jessica Pretty

7 Mar 5, 2014
Reply by Jessica Pretty

infant massage

Im very interested in completing an infant massage certification. Does anyone have any feedback on which certification program is the best?…

Started by kearsten vaughan

2 Mar 5, 2014
Reply by Neal Lyons

Why do take particular CE courses?

I am curious about what brings each of you to a particular CE course.  Each time I teach, students come to me after the class and tell me i…

Started by Dawn Lewis

4 Feb 23, 2014
Reply by Dawn Lewis

Certifcate/Degree Programs to Complement Massage Practice

I have been tossing around the idea of going back to school for a little while now.  Originally I wanted to study nutrition to add onto my…

Started by Heather Robison

2 Feb 23, 2014
Reply by Neal Lyons

Great Teaching Opportunity for Massage Therapy Instructors in Springfield, IL!

Body Biz, Inc., in conjunction with Lincoln Land Community College, is seeking qualified Massage Therapy instructors for its Massage Therap…

Started by Body Biz Inc.

1 Feb 2, 2014
Reply by Courtney Smith

Mlbex or National Exam classes?

I am a MT who trained in AZ before they had a state license requirement (the cities had licenses and I held a Phoenix license while living…

Started by Jill M Johnson

1 Jan 28, 2014
Reply by Courtney Smith

Have you ever had a client faint during a chair massage?

Here's why it happens, and what to do if it happens to you: The Fainting Mystery: A Phenomenon Unique to Chair Massage

Started by Abram Herman

1 Jan 20, 2014
Reply by Therese Schwartz

Is a CE required for certain things like Hot Stone, Energy Work, or Body Wraps?

I have been having clients ask about Body Wraps and such, and I learned how to do them in school but haven't had any continuing ed.  Would…

Started by Caroline Comer

3 Oct 4, 2013
Reply by Erin S.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service