massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Can you feel the connective tensions in your body? And do you apply that to your therapy?

Hi everyone! I'm Norio Tomita, a Japanese native who now lives in Montreal and I'm glad to communicate with you here.

Since I became therapist, I've been working hard to analyze and find the physical reasons of latest Japanese osteopathic techniques. For example, in case of lower back pain, some therapists take care of from only a few points on the legs.

Of course, I found some explanations in the book "Anatomy Train", but I personally feel more specific lines in my body, and it seems more similar to the Chinese meridian muscles (Jing-jin, which are different from acupuncture meridians).

I talked with some therapists about that, but most of them know the myofacsial connections just as approximate knowledge but don't actually sense them as real lines in their own body.
Then I learned that they call people like me as being "meridian sensitive".

If some of you are interested, we could share about this topic.

Also, I'll be in NY in October to give my professional courses and if you are around, why not meet up !

Views: 701

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think this kinda fits into this thread? I’ve always thought the Qii chi energy thing of acupuncture and meridians a bit Hard to really accept. As Norio stated, he is working on a physical level. I too. I’m working with meridians, but it’s definitely working with sinew channels ( muscle chains ) , not some mysterious qi energy thing. I know some, or maybe a lot will disagree with me, and that’s ok. But after reading a bit of the history of acupuncture, and how it became introduced to the west. All that mysterious qi stuff started from a mistranslation. In the two attachments are some excerpts from a book on the history of Chinese medicine. It’s a little bit long. But in there it says it all.
Attachments:
Thank you Gordon, it's really interesting. Mistranslation made misunderstanding of meridian line and qi!
Chinese and Japanese is different language, but we use same chinese character, so I think Japanese have less misunderstanding than western countries. But anyway, after a long time, techniques from China, techniques original Japanese, both of them mixed each other now. I will write about a little history of Shiatsu in Japan next time.

I have some sense of qi, but I don't want to use it for my treatment nor my explanation. Because it's meanless if we can't share the sense with our clients. I want to explain the connection of the tension in our body by physical aspects only, and want my clients to feel that after my treatment.

I almost finish writing my textbook. I would like to start to explain the lines I sense from next week.

How time flies.

I focused on preparing my class in March in NY.

My textbook for the class was introduced by Ohashiatsu. What a honor.

https://ohashimethod.wordpress.com/2018/02/20/whats-in-a-name/

I've been learning French last year, and got certificate in Dec.

So, I started English & French blog, will post about the connection of myofascia from now on.

http://noriotomitafr.blogspot.ca/

And I will post also about it here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service