massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

I am a Florida licensed massage therapist and just recently moved back to Columbus, Ohio.  I was told until I get my Ohio licensed that I can practice relaxation massage.  I was also told to get a massage tech license from the city.  My problem is that one, I got a job and they don't have the specific establishment license for hiring out of state licensees.  Two I went back to do it as "self employed" so I can try to work on my own but according to the man at the front that I have to have a place of business to go to practice massage.  I told him that I was going to do house calls but he told me that house calls are illegal in the city of Columbus.  I'm very frustrated and I can't find the laws stating this.  All I just want to is to be able to practice massage.  Can anyone help?

Views: 5158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know the feeling.... I just moved here from Florida too. Im in the prosses of trying to get the tech license now. I found a job now i just need the license. I am licensed in florida, I took the MBLeX  thankfully! It takes 10-12 weeks after submitting all your info for them to prosses the paper work from what I was told. Ohio is definatly good at making this hard on us.

We can do without the fear-mongering...

laura a motz said:
 In any case, please be careful doing house calls .  THIS CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS : )

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service