massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Do you use social networking to market your massage practice or spa/wellness business?

I am interested to see who is using what sites to promote themselves and their businesses...and what is working the best for you. I use Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn the most along with a couple of sites like this one that are for specific groups. If you want to connect with me here or any of the others, please do!

http://www.linkedin.com/in/feliciaebrown
http://twitter.com/FeliciaBrown
http://www.facebook.com/people/Felicia-Brown/1158084519

And if you aren't using social media (or don't really feel confident about doing so), I'd love to know why or what trips you up with it.

Views: 430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I recommend doing both, since Pages can send updates and promote themselves with ads, but groups can create events. For example, you can send an update through your page advertising your November Specials. You can also create an event for all of November with your group, letting followers know the month's special. Having both is good, but groups are really more for events and such.

Sue Rexford said:
So being a first time Small business Facebook user, do you suggest a Facebook page for your business instead of a Facebook group?
Glad to see some more comments on this. I'm also curious...any massage school instructors using social media as a part of your teaching (i.e for assignments, projects, etc.) or in other ways for the school? I'm primarily interested in regular curriculum classes rather than CE classes but would love to hear about any school or educational uses that are working for you.
I have watched our mutual bud Joel Tull on FB posting cancellations and openings...I swear that man is the Energizer Bunny. He'll post something and five minutes later it's gone!

Felicia Brown said:
So this week I decided I wanted to try using Facebook to fill in a few gaps in my massage appointment calender. I posted a few available times and the ones I wanted to fill most I offered a small discount. I got one booking off of that effort - $80 more in sales from a few seconds of typing. I also added two appointments by emailing clients that I have not seen recently and/or that have outstanding gift certificates. Pretty cool!
It has worked for me too on more than one occasion in terms of filling open massage appointments. Someday maybe I will post that I have appointments available for marketing coaching sessions (or the free initial consultations I offer) and see what happens!

Laura Allen said:
I have watched our mutual bud Joel Tull on FB posting cancellations and openings...I swear that man is the Energizer Bunny. He'll post something and five minutes later it's gone!

Felicia Brown said:
So this week I decided I wanted to try using Facebook to fill in a few gaps in my massage appointment calender. I posted a few available times and the ones I wanted to fill most I offered a small discount. I got one booking off of that effort - $80 more in sales from a few seconds of typing. I also added two appointments by emailing clients that I have not seen recently and/or that have outstanding gift certificates. Pretty cool!
Hi! I use Facebook, Myspace, Twitter and blogspot, for keep in contact with my client and generate new ones. The client like to read about massage and new specials.

Take care!
We are offer free 6 month listings on our newest site, FindHealthPros.com. there are really no strings. We are offering it as a way of promoting the site, and hoping that you will be so pleased with the results that when the 6 months expire, you will find it well worth the cost of a listing. In the mean time, here are the steps. If you have any trouble at all, please just call us. We will "walk" you through the process on the phone and get you all set up. Our toll free number is 866-450-3463. email address is info@findhealthpros.com if you prefer to email.

Follow these steps:

1. Go to www.FindHealthPros.com
2. Click on the List Practice on the top menu bar
3.Click on the round Sign Up Today Circle
4. Select "Offline Payment" ( because you are not paying - this is the free trial)
5. Enter the info requested on the form.
6. Enter Coupon Code E0954184
7. Use the tabs across the top - Settings - Profile - Office hours, etc to create your personal profile
8. Call us at 866-450-3463 if you need help ( during business hours M-F 8 - 5MST)

I'm planning to do FB, but haven't figured out if I should do a personal account and a business page, or only a business page -- any thoughts on this, and how to do it?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service