massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Does anyone own an Electric Table? Ifso can you share your thoughts on it ,as well as what kind?
I am very interested in purchasing one>
Thank You

Views: 2572

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have had my new electric table for about 3 weeks now. I love it!
It is a euro tech. It works wonderfully, especially when doing different modalities in the sessions. Being able to adjust the table height for cranial work to deeper and Shiatsu treatments is the cats meow!
It was a great investment for my business.
I use Oakworks and my body loves me. It no only goes hi/low but it has different tilts. Plus I am able to sit my clients up from the massage, so they will not strain their freshly massaged bodies. These tables are also a tax deductible due to the fact they are handicapped ac cessible. I have about 20 clients in wheelchairs and as many in walkers. So, I able to advertise that I am 100% handicapped accessible.
I have an Oakworks Proluxe Seville massage table, 29"x75", with SemiFirm padding and the standard top (no rounded corners). I purchased it with two foot controllers and one hand controller, and a QuickLock face rest with memory foam. I practice Aaron Mattes Method Active Isolated Stretching and Strengthening, and so have customized the table for my needs. I feel that this is an excellent hi-lo scissor table, and the extra width and length make the table more supporting for larger/taller folks. The SemiFirm padding is good for my practice, but for massage therapy deeper padding may be a wise choice. There are several padding options that you can learn about by calling Oakworks directly or checking out their website.
The table is pretty quiet, strong, and is working quite well after 1 year (between me and a tenant, it gets about 40 hours a week of up-down use!)
I hope this helps!
Absolutely the best investment a massage therapist can make. Get one as soon as you can. It will make the physical part of this work much easier. I have an Oakworks with a contour shape. I'm not sure they make it anymore. The extra cut out at the waist area makes it even easier to have good biomechanics when you work on the low back. Also, rounded corners give you a little more ease in some positions.
I used to own one. It was from Oakworks! It was awesome.
Amazing how it saves our body.

Definitely get one!
Everyone's post here has great insight...and I dont want to repeat all the awesome benefits of an electric table. Here's my thoughts on my Custom Craftworks table...1) I lower the table heights many times throught the session and my clients hardly notice..In the beggining I had some issues with friction noise since the legs were moving on the carpet floor but I easily fixed that by placing 3inch moving discs under the two front legs. . 2) Deep tissue techniques are sooo easy now..but I raise my table to its full height and I can reach under the client for underbody strokes and leverage for lifts. I love working the neck in this position since I can actually be level with the neck and shoulders and get to different angles. 3) If you do Table thai, lower the table all the way down and you can have more ways to use the floor and table in the session. The only way I can think of to improve the electric table use is to have a wireless hand held remote to adjust the height. Then we can move around the table more freely and not have to walk back to the foot pedal..Good luck..it has changed the way I massage and prolonged my carreer indefinitely
Hi everyone, new poster here. :) Great site, I have spent the last two nights absorbing so much information.

I am hoping for some advice on a new table. My practice is moving into more orthopedic type treatment, which is the direction that I would like to pursue. My dream table would be a Comfort Craft, but for now it is just too expensive. After many hours of searching and comparing I think I will order this Adapta table, http://tinyurl.com/24ang36. I like the different articulations that the flex top offers, I think it would really benefit my clients. My problem is that I still do several relaxation massages each week and I am concerned about the 28" width and whether or not it will be comfortable. I can beef up the padding for more comfort, so that is not too much of a worry. Another concern is that I cannot find any reviews about the table and it's performance, but it is not a "normal" massage table and is marketed more toward PT's and Chiros.

Does anyone have any experience with the Adapta tables? Any advice and comments would be appreciated!
If I'm allowed to post to you that I have used only electric tables and can't live with out them. I have been in the business for 13 years and if it's possible to get to you. I can sell you my second table. I do not need two. It is used but I would be happy to see someone else happy. \

Donna Martin said:
Hi everyone, new poster here. :) Great site, I have spent the last two nights absorbing so much information.

I am hoping for some advice on a new table. My practice is moving into more orthopedic type treatment, which is the direction that I would like to pursue. My dream table would be a Comfort Craft, but for now it is just too expensive. After many hours of searching and comparing I think I will order this Adapta table, http://tinyurl.com/24ang36. I like the different articulations that the flex top offers, I think it would really benefit my clients. My problem is that I still do several relaxation massages each week and I am concerned about the 28" width and whether or not it will be comfortable. I can beef up the padding for more comfort, so that is not too much of a worry. Another concern is that I cannot find any reviews about the table and it's performance, but it is not a "normal" massage table and is marketed more toward PT's and Chiros.

Does anyone have any experience with the Adapta tables? Any advice and comments would be appreciated!
Does anyone no how to get a comfort craft table serviced. One of my air controlled pedals
stopped working this morning and I can't remember how to fix it. Does anyone know, please help. I do love my table, have had it since early 90's, but when this happens, it's a real drag.

Brenda Marshall said:
Scott's absolutely correct. I have been blessed to own a comfort craft table for many years. It has enhanced my work, added many years to my career and I am able to facilitate opening every joint in the body with great support and tremendous ease. Jim is a great guy and his tables are amazing. comfort craft in florida

Scott Kingsbury said:
I have a Comfort Craft massage table and it has been the best investment in my massage career. Jims tables are topshelf.
If you google Comfort Craft massage tables you will be able to learn more.

Jim Craft is the owner and operator of Comfort Craft.

Check it out!!
Try looking at pneumatic tables that you pump with your foot. This way you wont have a cord to worry about someone tripping over.

such as which pneumatic tables, Daniel (she asks 9 months later)?  and does anyone know if the comfort craft is extremely quiet?

Daniel Cohen said:

Try looking at pneumatic tables that you pump with your foot. This way you wont have a cord to worry about someone tripping over.

NZ,

I  hope I'm not too late. I have had a Golden Ratio Olympus electric table for about six years. I paid a little over $1K for it and am quite happy. My only complaint is that it's a bit  narrow. It measures 31 inches across and another inch would be nice. Otherwise, I am pleased and grateful that I have a nice table. Also, I was able to get about $300.00 back on my taxes for having an ADA compliant piece of equipment.  I would highly recommend it.

Cheers,jh

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service