massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

    Since being on this site I have discovered that we all fight stereo-typing of our chosen profession.  We all work/study to the highest level of our professional ability.  I was professionally offended by the commercial of Danica and the massage therapist.  It wasn't funny to me.  As a woman their commercials are disturbing, but now godaddy has picked my/our profession.

I have sent a complaint to godaddy.com and I am wondering what everyone else thinks of this portrayal?

Did it bother you?   How many of your clients will bring it up?  Or was it just advertising?

 

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED TO DISCUSSION.   THE FINAL DATE OF THE PETITION IS FEBRUARY 15, 2010.   THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT PARTICIPATED.

Views: 485

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

At this point, it does seem like it's come down to "having the last say," which I find extremely annoying, particularly when dissenting opinions have repeatedly been respectfully acknowledged. Although I am specifically speaking only for myself, I know that there are others who feel the same way.

Shall I start a petition for us all to sign so we can just move on already? ;) I know that I'm not helping by continuing to contribute to this conversation.

Lisa said:
i guess it depends on who wants/has the last say. :) can't help but want to comment when a new comment is made that claims to speak for all of us as a collective.
sorry you find it annoying Erica. it's just a thread. nothing more nothing less. just a topic of discussion with varying opinions. and just because some of us feel differently, none of us have been anything but respectful as well. so i'm not sure why you feel so annoyed. typically speaking when one posts a thought, it inspires a thought from someone else. am i not suppose to post up that thought just because some are annoyed by it? i'd say that for anyone that is really bothered by it, they should just stop following the thread. there are tons of threads that i don't read, either from lack of interest or frustration from it.

Erica Olson said:
At this point, it does seem like it's come down to "having the last say," which I find extremely annoying, particularly when dissenting opinions have repeatedly been respectfully acknowledged. Although I am specifically speaking only for myself, I know that there are others who feel the same way.

Shall I start a petition for us all to sign so we can just move on already? ;) I know that I'm not helping by continuing to contribute to this conversation.

Lisa said:
i guess it depends on who wants/has the last say. :) can't help but want to comment when a new comment is made that claims to speak for all of us as a collective.
The topic doesn't bother me. The opinions don't bother me. Having the same thing said over . . . and over . . . and over is what I find irritating.

Lisa said:
sorry you find it annoying Erica. it's just a thread. nothing more nothing less. just a topic of discussion with varying opinions. and just because some of us feel differently, none of us have been anything but respectful as well. so i'm not sure why you feel so annoyed. typically speaking when one posts a thought, it inspires a thought from someone else. am i not suppose to post up that thought just because some are annoyed by it? i'd say that for anyone that is really bothered by it, they should just stop following the thread. there are tons of threads that i don't read, either from lack of interest or frustration from it.

Erica Olson said:
At this point, it does seem like it's come down to "having the last say," which I find extremely annoying, particularly when dissenting opinions have repeatedly been respectfully acknowledged. Although I am specifically speaking only for myself, I know that there are others who feel the same way.

Shall I start a petition for us all to sign so we can just move on already? ;) I know that I'm not helping by continuing to contribute to this conversation.

Lisa said:
i guess it depends on who wants/has the last say. :) can't help but want to comment when a new comment is made that claims to speak for all of us as a collective.
When I get bored to tears it is time for me to stop following the thread.

Erica Olson said:
The topic doesn't bother me. The opinions don't bother me. Having the same thing said over . . . and over . . . and over is what I find irritating.

Lisa said:
sorry you find it annoying Erica. it's just a thread. nothing more nothing less. just a topic of discussion with varying opinions. and just because some of us feel differently, none of us have been anything but respectful as well. so i'm not sure why you feel so annoyed. typically speaking when one posts a thought, it inspires a thought from someone else. am i not suppose to post up that thought just because some are annoyed by it? i'd say that for anyone that is really bothered by it, they should just stop following the thread. there are tons of threads that i don't read, either from lack of interest or frustration from it.

Erica Olson said:
At this point, it does seem like it's come down to "having the last say," which I find extremely annoying, particularly when dissenting opinions have repeatedly been respectfully acknowledged. Although I am specifically speaking only for myself, I know that there are others who feel the same way.

Shall I start a petition for us all to sign so we can just move on already? ;) I know that I'm not helping by continuing to contribute to this conversation.

Lisa said:
i guess it depends on who wants/has the last say. :) can't help but want to comment when a new comment is made that claims to speak for all of us as a collective.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Lara Evans Bracciante.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service