massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

I was contacted by Selina Garrison of Well Kneaded Massage by telephone on November 4 for an event to be held on November 5th. I canceled TWO of my own clients for an opportunity to work with what I believed to be a national company. As of today I have not been compensated for my time. Selina has not returned telephone, texts, emails. I have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau, the Ca. Board of Consumer Affairs, the Ripoff Report and ABMP.

I have contacted a lawyer. I'm wondering if there are other therapists out there that have worked for her? I think we need to spread the word about this "company" and save other therapists the aggravation of dealing with this woman!

*UPDATE! AS OF JANUARY 6, 2011, I HAVE YET TO BE PAID AND/OR CONTACTED BY SELINA GARRISON OR WELL KNEADED MASSAGE.

I have placed calls to with no answers yet to:

• The Pa. Board of Labor and Industry
  • The Los Angeles District Attorney
  • The Los Angeles Labor Commissioner
  • The company that I worked at for Well Kneaded

Views: 982

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Christine,

When was it that you worked for Well Kneaded Massage? I worked for them this past October.

@Christine,

I have not heard a peep from Selina. She took MY hard earned money and spent it on Christmas presents for her kids...still disgusted!! 

@Julio,

Have you received your compensation yet?

I've received word from the client that hired Well Kneaded:

We are extremely sympathetic to your situation regarding your payment from Well Kneaded Massage. Unfortunately, (COMPANY) has fulfilled its contractual obligation by remitting payment directly to Well Kneaded Massage. We have made several attempts to contact Well Kneaded Massage to understand why they may not have fulfilled their obligations to you. These attempts have been unsuccessful, and while an issue such as this may well impact our willingness to do business with this vendor in the future, there is little more we can do to directly intervene between you and Well Kneaded Massage. 

We are sorry for the unfortunate situation which has transpired between you and Well Kneaded Massage, and hope you may be able to resolve the matter directly with them. If you believe there is something more that we can do to assist with your efforts in contacting Well Kneaded Massage, please let us know.

Hi Karen,

Maybe there is something the company can do. 

Apparently Selina Garrison can not be located so that the proper authorities can serve her with legal papers. 

Would it be possible for this company to track/find Selina?  I'm sure she was paid by check and she had to have cashed it or deposited at her bank.  Unfortunately this is information we are not privy to.  Maybe there is some way Selena can be  tracked.  I'm still not giving up.

Karen Spence said:

I've received word from the client that hired Well Kneaded:

We are extremely sympathetic to your situation regarding your payment from Well Kneaded Massage. Unfortunately, (COMPANY) has fulfilled its contractual obligation by remitting payment directly to Well Kneaded Massage. We have made several attempts to contact Well Kneaded Massage to understand why they may not have fulfilled their obligations to you. These attempts have been unsuccessful, and while an issue such as this may well impact our willingness to do business with this vendor in the future, there is little more we can do to directly intervene between you and Well Kneaded Massage. 

We are sorry for the unfortunate situation which has transpired between you and Well Kneaded Massage, and hope you may be able to resolve the matter directly with them. If you believe there is something more that we can do to assist with your efforts in contacting Well Kneaded Massage, please let us know.

Julio, 

I will contact again to see if I have the right address. I also filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry (on line form filled out...waiting for a phone call)

Karen,

The NYS Dept. of Labor contacted me about my complaint and told me that Selina has apparently vacated her business and home address and they would not be able to continue with their investigation unless I provide them with her new address. 

Let me know what, if anything you can find out. 

Thanks.

Julio
Karen Spence said:

Julio, 

I will contact again to see if I have the right address. I also filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry (on line form filled out...waiting for a phone call)

You got it...

Do you have a FB account?

Yes, you can friend me via my email address.  jortizlmt@aol.com

Thanks Karen.

Can't find you....

Julio Ortiz said:

Thanks Karen.

I know. all my settings are set to private.  I'll find you.  are you "Karen Spence Brown"?

Karen Spence said:
Can't find you....

Julio Ortiz said:

Thanks Karen.

No, Just Karen Spence....pic of my husband and I on a fridge ala William and Kate LOL

Julio Ortiz said:
I know. all my settings are set to private.  I'll find you.  are you "Karen Spence Brown"?

Karen Spence said:
Can't find you....

Julio Ortiz said:

Thanks Karen.

I think I just friended you. 

Karen Spence said:
No, Just Karen Spence....pic of my husband and I on a fridge ala William and Kate LOL

Julio Ortiz said:

Karen Spence said:
Can't find you....

Julio Ortiz said:

Thanks Karen.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service