massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

just another topic i'd love to hear what everyone is doing. i know some have to wear more medical type "uniforms". i usually am in black yoga pants and a black tshirt. simple. clean. nonsexual so there can be NO mistake of what I do.

let's hear some other ideas.

Views: 717

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gi pants and a t-shirt from the gym I work in. Not exactly the peak of professionalisim but then, I work on mostly combat athleats so I doubt they take much notice. (probibly all the head injuries) :D
I wear Khakys and light blue shirt, nothing sexual about this outfit, with black or tan shoes.
Because My practice has me working on Couples in there home, and I feel that because it is my practice, that as long as I'm covered appropriately, I can let some of my personal style come out. I know it is not about me, but if I can feel comfortable, and be in my space, I can give more freely. But I do think the idea of just having a set uniform is appealing.. Laundry would be easier! :)
I totally believe your own style has to come out. i would bet even all of us that have said we are in black...have a very different "black" style going on.

i think that as therapists we HAVE to let our spirits show through. Our clients have to become completely comfortable to be able to allow us to work, by touch, on their exposed bodies....that is SUCH a personal chemistry...that it really IS what makes a client/therapist treatment plan work. and i believe that exists not only on the personal chemistry you have with your client but even down to what you wear, how you decorate your room, music you play (or don't), etc. I want a potential client to know a little about me even before we start talking.

with that said...i do like the idea of black scrubs. not so much the pants...those i wouldn't feel comfortable in...but the shirts definitely. where does one go to buy scrubs?

Lila Saint-Denis said:
Because My practice has me working on Couples in there home, and I feel that because it is my practice, that as long as I'm covered appropriately, I can let some of my personal style come out. I know it is not about me, but if I can feel comfortable, and be in my space, I can give more freely. But I do think the idea of just having a set uniform is appealing.. Laundry would be easier! :)
Lisa, you can try Life Uniform, in the store or online. I hear Walmart & JCPenney stores carry them too. I keep one or two tops just to put on over whatever "massage clothes" I have on...I instantly look more professional & it keeps stains off the rest of me...covers up my midriff bulge, too!
that was my thought EXACTLY. but here's a question...are they soft? they always seem to look very rigid and boxy. maybe like sheets...if i wash them several times first? and lots of fabric softner? haha

Marilyn St.John said:
...covers up my midriff bulge, too!
I enjoyed reading the responses. I have been wearing tunic tops and shorts and sneakers. I just ordered a logo t-shirt from Vistaprint.com to match my business cards. I hope it is nice and soft, or I won't be wearing it. I will pair it with black capris. I used to work bare footed, but now I like the extra support the sneaks give me. I like to look professional, but I MUST be comfy too!
Lisa, I get mine from a place called Working Gear. Yes, they soften up after several washes. And about the pants... You can get drawstring or elastic waist. Actually, they are extremely comfortable! Very roomy with a lot of flow going for those lunge positions. Just make sure you get them slightly bigger to get that correct movement.
I love the topic, I read everyone description :-D
At massage student the IBC's uniformas is a "scrub", like nurses. Its really professional but a year with that kind of clouse is bored. So like a Massage Therapist I wear now that kind of uniform with my crogs. Here in P.R. the crogs is the demmand of the massage campus, its really confortable. About the color, at school was navy blue and black for the practice. But when I want something more conforble I like to use a pollo with gym pants, I know I'm wearing like Perssonal Trainer but its really confortable, and my tenis. ^^

(sorry for the grammatical mistakes I can undertand english but writing I'm terrible)

Hasta Pronto!
Cotton pants that have a bit of stretch material in them to facilitate easy movement. Short-sleeved cotton t-shirt - plain colours, no logo. Good running shoes. I used to work barefoot or in mocassins, but years on my feet caused my arches to collapse, so good support is necessary. No jewelry, hair clipped back.
What do you think of jeans and a blouse for a female?
Joe, I think that if you are comfortable in jeans, why not? Personally, I would feel very restricted.
However, as previous threads have stated... What image do you want to present? What "type" of clients are you wanting to attract? Athletes? White collar? Socialites? This must always be a factor in your business!

Joe Smith said:
What do you think of jeans and a blouse for a female?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service